106 Street and 53 Avenue,
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Established in 1902 as a parish cemetery to serve the community of Strathcona (now a part of the south side of the city of Edmonton.) This cemetery illustrates the various styles of memorialization, ranging from the older upright monuments (of varying shapes and sizes) to the park-like style of flat or flush ground-level markers.
The Duggan family, well-known in Edmonton and prominent in the history of St. Anthony’s Parish and in south Edmonton generally, have a family plot here.
Facilities and Available Inventory
Because of the small size of the property and its age, there is a very limited inventory of available spaces. At this time there are a limited number of flush memorial spaces for full burials and a small inventory of ground cremation spaces. A columbarium has been completed and this structure will accept cremated remains to be enclosed in above-ground niches which are covered in granite.
Casket and cremation ground burial, flat or traditional upright memorialization; above-ground columbarium niches for cremation inurnment.